The Literacy Achievement Bonanza, or LAB, is a week-long day camp full of literacy-based activities explicitly designed to foster a positive relationship with reading while improving literacy skills (reading, writing, listening, and speaking) in age-, skill-, and developmentally-appropriate methods aligned with the College and Career Readiness Standards. We're excited to expand it in the future, and are grateful to all of our volunteers, supporters, and students for making LAB so awesome!
Key Information about LAB 2021:
- Remote and independent activities with materials, books, and snacks provided in advance and for free
- Materials pick-up will be 12 - 4 PM, Sunday, March 14th at Refill Cafe, 136 S Adams St, Jackson, MS 39203.
- Spring Break for Jackson Public Schools is Monday, March 15th - Friday, March 19th, 2021.
- Open registration ends February 26th.
- Additional LAB information will be provided by March 1st.
Learn about how this year's LAB will look different:
To support LAB, click the donate button below and designate your gift 'For LAB.' The ISJL is a 501(c)3 nonprofit and donations are deductible to the full extent allowed by law. Thank you!