November will mark the start of Jewish Book Month (the month leading up to Chanukah each year!), and thus the ISJL Education Team is excited to be focusing on People of the Book (POB)-themed programming!
This month's newsletter is all about books, and the people who love them, and how to bring even more book-centered goodness into your classrooms and communities. Explore:
- How To Become People of the Book (Club)! Want to get started with your own Jewish book club? It's fun and easy! Why not get one started in time for Jewish Book Month? Rachel Stern walks you through the basics. Read More.
- Interviews with Southern Jewish Book Club Members. Be inspired by folks already participating in a Southern Jewish Book Club in Tallahassee, Florida! Leah Wittenberg talks with these book lovers and shares their stories about stories. Read More.
- ISJL POB Programming. What are some of the ways your Education Fellow can help you celebrate Jewish Book Month? Elias Chajet explains! Read More.
- A (Graphic) Novel Approach to Reading. Is there graphic novel (AKA comic book lover) in your life? Or maybe it's you! Either way, Rachel Fraade will help you connect this love to the celebration of Jewish Book Month! Read More.
- Little Free Libraries. Has your neighborhood, congregation, or community built a Little Free Library yet? It's a great way to celebrate books and build a community of readers! Ali Duhan will tell you all about it. Read More.
The ISJL Education Team
We're proud to provide our partners with new monthly resources and enrichment to share with your classrooms and communities! If you have newsletter questions or requests, email Education Director Rabbi Matt Dreffin: email@example.com.