Ever wondered how to really motivate your students?
How about you teachers?
This month's newsletter is all about incentives - how to use them, what impact they can have, their long history in Jewish tradition, and more! Here's what you'll find in this information-filled newsletter:
- The Nitty-Gritty of Incentives: What are incentives? How do they motivate learning? What's the best incentive approach? Gabi Cohn takes you through some of the science behind motivated learning. Read More.
- Teachers Too! Know who else needs motivation? Your teaching staff! Shira Moskowitz makes sure we remember the educators when it comes to incentives in Jewish education. Read More.
- Tangible Incentives. How do you make incentives something your learners can really wrap their hands and minds around? Shira Muroff explains. Read More.
- Reinforcement with the Rabbis. Is there Jewish precedent for incentives in learning? You bet! Rabbi Matt Dreffin sheds some light on just how familiar the rabbis were with this whole idea. Read More.
- Dodging the Pitfalls of Incentives. Uh-oh! What are the ways that incentives can go wrong, and how can you avoid those potential pitfalls? Becca Rosenthal has you covered. Read More.
Hmmm... now how are we going to incentivize y'all to read this...? ;-)
The ISJL Education Team
We're proud to provide our partners with new monthly resources and enrichment to share with your classrooms and communities! If you have newsletter questions or requests, email Education Director Rabbi Matt Dreffin: email@example.com.